I came across this top tip a few months ago to reduce the size of the Site Manager logs.
If you find that a large proportion of your log files contain more-or-less pointless messages about formatters not being found you can add an environment variable to prevent Site Manager from adding these messages to the logs.
I’m using Site Manager 7.4 Revision 0004. If you’re not sure about whether this tip works with your version of Site Manager contact T4 for advice.
- As an Administrator log in to Site Manager.
- Go to Tools > Configuration.
- Click on the Environment tab.
- Click the Add Variable button.
- In the pop-up dialog enter:
- Click OK.
- Now add the value:
- Click Update.
This should now stop Site Manager from filling the logs with ‘noise’.